1,408 Comments

Soldiers of Halla – Epilogue (SPOILER WARNING)

On the old forums I made a post about this, but since they no longer exist, I’ll write something again.

The final chapter of The Soldiers of Halla has been talked about and discussed quite a bit.   Some love it.   Others hate it.   Some understand it fully.   Others don’t get it.   I’m not going to explain it all here because I’d prefer that readers draw their own conclusions.   But I will make a few comments.   First off, I don’t consider the ending to be a cliff hanger.   Not even close.   The story is very clear about what is going to happen next, and that is that Bobby will soon go to Solara and Courtney will not be far behind.   To understand how the events described in the last chapter could have happened, you have to look at the end of the second to last chapter.   Bobby lamented to Uncle Press that after all they had been through, it seemed unfair that the Travelers were not being allowed to live the normal lives they fought so hard for.   All they wanted was a little bit of time to live those lives, which in the general scheme of Halla, wasn’t much   . . . and Uncle Press agreed with him.   How that was able to happen, and what all the implications are, I’ll leave that up to you to debate and decide.

I’ll say one other thing, and that’s about the guy who delivered Bobby’s journals to him in the hospital.   Short of actually writing his name, I pretty much described exactly who it was.   From the events that unfolded in the hospital room with Bobby and Courtney kissing and being interrupted, to his physical description, to Bobby recognizing him, to him saying that he had nine other journals to deliver, there is no other possible person that could have been…but Uncle Press.

RSS Feed Bookmark and Share

1,408 Comments on “Soldiers of Halla – Epilogue (SPOILER WARNING)”

1. Abdulrazakpt says:

I love that Bloom chandelier best of all. Usually I don’t like home decor that is too frlily or floral. But this one is still able to maintain a simple elegance. I think it has to do with how the flowers are placed. It’s very real and organic looking. Still simple and stream-lined. I also love the cream of the flowers with the bronze (or copper?) of the metal. Just very stunning. I would love to hang this in my dining room.

2. Atlas says:

I must admit, at first I was very confused by the ending of the Soldiers of Halla, and then a bit disappointed. But I think I understand a little better now. The books all along were about the worlds, especially Earth, changing based on the decision people made. So isn’t it possible that the end was set not in the set of territories we knew about, but in a set where the travellers never left home? But maybe I’m digging too deep :/

3. Garrett says:

I am so glad I found this. I finished the series almost four years ago, and I could not for the life of me figure out who gives Bobby the books in the end. I can finally die happy now. I know it probably won’t mean much, but your books have actually enspired me to start my own book. I’m thinking of a three part series and I am just praying it turns out okay. Thank you, and good luck with any future books!

4. AJ says:

This is still my all time favorite book series, your book s are so great, and I love the fact that things pendragon are in your other books like Morpheus Road had uncle Press. These are some of the best book I’ve ever read. Period.

5. Kevin says:

I still don’t get uncle Press would still be physically alive to deliver the journals to Bobby since Bobby is already so old and Press should be even older. So I think Press should be back in Solara already.

6. Kenny Naughton says:

Thank you so much for giving us the gift of these books. In the same vein as Richard Bach, you took big, frighteningly new ideas and used them to open up my mind and teach morals and ideals I have carried with me since I started reading your books back in fifth grade. This book has such a transcendent idea of reality that reminds the reader that, while this series is from a teen’s perspective, there is so much more going on.
    Life can be a Hell of a tum-tigger, but I always find inspiration and something new every time I re-read this series.
    I always hoped there would be more, or maybe some back story to the original travelers and the fall of Saint Dane from spirit to demon, and the experiences of the people he replaced and their loved ones. Maybe even from the perspective of someone who lived through the Bronx Massacre and their adventure.
    I’ll just stick to trying to write my own fan fiction for now.
    And so we go

7. megan jones says:

those last lines tied the book up perfectley oh and if you read morpheus road press and solara show up again

8. Lia says:

I actually got this right away. What I didn’t get though, was how could Bobby have forgotten all of his adventures? Did something happen? I have some theories, but I still don’t know….