9,013 Comments

Pendragon Movie Blog

I had a request to start a blog where you could weigh in on thoughts about a movie based on The Merchant of Death and to discuss casting. This isn’t to say that a movie is imminent. It isn’t. But I’m working with some folks to develop one now, so you never know. (Just don’t hold your breath!)

So, here’s the blog. Have fun.

RSS Feed Bookmark and Share

9,013 Comments on “Pendragon Movie Blog”

1. Bobby says:

If I could I would audition to play as Bobby Pendragon if they made it into a series.

2. John says:

This is the only series i have read in under a week completely.

3. CourtneyChetwynde13 says:

Haven’t been on here in forever. Just a random post. I think I’m going to read the series again because I miss it so much. I really wish more people knew about it however it’s kind of cool because in a way it’s a little secret. Also does anyone know of any cool 90’s sci-fi books. I’m looking for something similar to Feed by M.T Anderson (if you haven’t read that I recommend it).

4. Maddy says:

I think it would be AWESOME if you produced the Pendragon series into a movie… Everytime i read the books I’m thinking about this… Please make it into a movie!

5. Manny says:

Is the idea of s movie still in the works?

6. Manny says:

I recently saw a hidden gem from 2013. A movie called The Kings Of Summer. Super funny coming of age tale. I thought Nick Robinson seemed like an interesting choice for bobby.

I don’t know how old he is now though.

7. Richard says:

I love the pendragon series. I’ve read all the books 5 times and have listened to the audio books even more than that. I personally feel if done right it could be as big as Harry Potter. 10 movies are a lot to think about but I think it would be amazing. Directors should stop wasting there time on movies like Enders game. This is an amazing opportunity. I could see a flume ride in Disney now. Think of all the $ that could be made.

8. EFox says:

Man, it would be awesome if this was made into a movie series and I think even better if it were made into a TV series. I recently finished the series and am a huge fan

9. Dustin says:

Professor Wolff — The people on the cocuehs are using their brains in order to experience and affect what’s happening in the virtual reality. It’s as if their minds become computer programs that can interact with the computer programs that are producing the virtual reality. Most of the programs they encounter are run by the machine overlords, but some appear to be rogue programs serving their own or even human interests (like that Keymaker character).People like Neo (or the programs generated by people like Neo) are very good at messing with the other programs in virtual reality, causing all kinds of havoc in the virtual world (i.e. on the computers in the real world that are running the virtual world).What I’ve never understood is why or how a person in the real world can be mightily affected by what happens while visiting the virtual world. How can their experiences in the virtual world kill them in the real world? Is it because the virtual, computer-based world seems so real that their brains can’t take the stress of being killed in the virtual world? So they die in reality? And why do they have to find a special telephone to stop experiencing virtual reality? Can’t their colleagues in the real world just unplug them? I hope this helps. I wouldn’t dream of trying to explain all the mumbo jumbo that is discussed in the virtual world involving eternal recurrence and free will. That might not be explainable.

10. Danny A. Di Nunzio says:

I would love for a pendragon movie to come out. Pendragon is the reason why i read. if it was not for the series i would not care for much. it has helped me through alot of pain.

11. the pendragon fan says:

Please Please Please make a Pendragon movie!!!!!! I would love it!!!!!!! I always wanted to see a pendragon film because the book is so gooooooooood that I always think that the movie will totally be awesome!!!!!!!

12. OpposeSaintDane says:

A Pendragon Movie would be awesome, also the whole entire series as a movie. A movie based on this book could bring up imaginative minds, and it would be so cool to see a movie made flume, so please push on the idea of making a Pendragon movie.
    – A fan

13. Zach says:

Does anyone besides me think that Jason Issacs, the actor who portrayed Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films, would be the perfect actor to play Saint Dane in a Pendragon movie series?