Courage Flavored
Last Activity:
Apr 13, 2017

Share This Page

Courage Flavored

Member, Female, from Florida

Also, using the Spring Break to do some intense studying for state/global AICE exams. Apr 13, 2017

Courage Flavored was last seen:
Apr 13, 2017
  • There are no messages on Courage Flavored's profile yet.
  • About

Hi, I'm Alexa, from the "Sunshine State", (Florida)!

Like most people, I started "Pendragon" in middle school. Then, years later, I found this forum. My other favorite authors are R.L Stine, Scott Westerfeld, Julius Lester, Rumiko Takahashi, Patricia McCormick, Yann Martel, Gene Luen Yang and M.T Anderson.
    It is very inspiring to hear how books in general impact people in different ways. That's truly the power of reading.

Hi, I'm Alexa from FL. Like most people on the thread, I started with Pendragon in middle school.

For every book we read in school, we had to go to Renaissance Place.com to take a test on it and we then would get an amount of required Accelerated Reading points/semester. (At least our schools do. Idk about Northern U.S schools like some of you are from.)
    I got Pendragon on a whim, and I was soon taking the books everywhere I went--the bus, my room, in class, club meetings--
    Everywhere, people.

That's how quickly I became super-glued to D.J Machale's writing style. I thought I'd never love another author as much as Scott Westerfeld, R.L Stine, Rumiko Takahashi, Gary Paulsen or Jack London. Pendragon proved me absolutely wrong. If I had the chance to meet Mr. MacHale one day, that would be one of the best days of my life.

The most important thing that reading this collection has taught me was to not be afraid of who you are. Bobby was loved by the people he met over the years just because of his personality; for being Bobby. Friends like that are not easy to find, but will never be lost.

My closest friends are the people who like me for being me; I don't have to own Vera Bradely merchandise or have a number of "followers" on Twitter. (Heck, I don't even have social media).

I just have to be.

[​IMG]

"Uglies" trilogy by Scott Westerfeld

[​IMG]

"American Born Chinese" by Gene Luen Yang

Favorite Manga:

Baby and Me - Marimo Ragawa
    Yokkaiden - Nina Matsumoto
    Inuyasha - Rumiko Takahashi

Favorite artists:
    Dax Johnson
    Owl City
    Coldplay

Clubs:
    NHS
    Model UN
    Key Club
    Orchestra
    Color Guard

In my spare time, I write songs on piano, watch Disney/DreamWorks movies, exercise or crochet.

Signature

"Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

-Dr. Suess