Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Discussion in 'General Comments' started by djmachale, Jun 20, 2013.

1. djmachale

djmachale Author Staff Member Administrator

Hey, I get to post in General Comments! There's a fun article about my show "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" on BuzzFeed. If you remember the show, you'll get a kick out of these "behind the scenes" bits of info.

2. I used to love that show so much. It would always scare me, but I couldn't stop watching it. I've gone on YouTube to try and watch some of the old episodes, but haven't made much progress. One episode I did manage to watch, about two years ago ish, was "The Tale of the Silver Sight" which, after watching it, made me think of Pendragon, because of how similar the atmosphere was.

3. Veelox Incident

Veelox Incident Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Most of the episodes are available on amazon instant. I watched the first 2 seasons a few weeks ago. Still awesome.

4. Dado

Dado Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've seen quite a few episodes here and there over the past few years, but the show scared me SO bad when I was younger!

5. djmachale

djmachale Author Staff Member Administrator

You can also see the episodes on iTunes.

6. AngieLS

AngieLS Member

I didn't get to watch the show when it was on air (due to not having been born yet) but I've been watching most of it on youtube, there's only a few that aren't there. I'm currently about to watch the silver sight episodes :D

7. Veelox Incident

Amazon just released today: If you have Prime, you will get six seasons of AYATD (selected episodes) free streaming! I can't wait to get home today!

Ela likes this.
  8. Itara

Itara Active Member

I remember rushing home from school to watch Are You Afraid of the Dark. I don't remember it particularly scaring me, but i was always hard to scare lol

I just know I loved it.

9. Ela

Ela Member

I've been re-watching the whole series. I love it! It's funny when you realize how some of the episodes that used to scare you to death aren't as scary as you remembered... but others are way scarier than you used to think they were. :)

10. Veelox Incident

I just saw this tweet from DJ, I can't check the veracity of the full movie/stream/link because of my organizations firewall (all of nick.com is blocked for gaming). But this is supposedly the full AYATD movie. http://at.nick.com/SilverSight

Itara likes this.
  11. Veelox Incident

(Sorry for the double post but is' been a while since I posted the one above).

I was watching some more AYATD on Amazon Prime and I came across "The Tale of the Super Specs". In it there is some magic powder that acts as a conduit for making some glasses see another universe. Interesting point. D.J. had called this "Denduron Dust". I laughed at it then immediately became terrified when the young actor balled it up and threw it. I was thinking it was Tak by another name!

12. Ela

Ela Member

YES! I NOTICED THAT TOO!

13. Veelox Incident

I was excited the other night when I watched an episode with a very young Jewel Staite. They had quite the actors and actresses on this show.

14. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

I know there hasn't been a post in here for a long time, but there is already a topic so I will post in here.

I'm watching it for the first time. I found the first season on Netflix. I wish all of the seasons were, but better than nothing. Quite enjoying the stories. I will admit the Tale of Laughing in the Dark creeped me out. Horror stuff generally don't bother me, especially directed to young kids, but I blame the clown. Clowns/dolls/mannequins freak me out. Especially as creepy as Zeebo.

15. Veelox Incident

Hi Empire,

I haven't seen it on Netflix but I know most of them are on Amazon Instant. (I also have a few of the DVDs.) I been enjoying them I'm glad your enjoying them too!

16. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

I have Canada Netflix. Basically it is a fraction of the US one but has some good shows lol. I finished the season sadly. I'll have to search the internet for more. I missed out on it as a kid. Also saw Tale of the Super Specs. It made me chuckle (little did anyone know Denduron would play a role in the future)

17. Veelox Incident

Not sure if Canada has Amazon Prime Streaming or not but all the episodes have been up there for a while, or there's always a dvd set. Amazons rereleasing them for fairly cheap. Otherwise the only thing I know about legitimately is nick reboot but you have to catch it at a particular time.

18. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

Well just investigated Amazon Prime Streaming, and unfortunately without trying to change my IP to an american one, I can't get it >_> I also checked amazon too and annoyingly is twice the cost on my version of amazon. Man I feel gipped. I'll have to look into a US order or other means. The rest could turn up on netflix one day still *crosses fingers*

19. adam0702

adam0702 New Member

You can also see the episodes on iTunes.

20. william smith

william smith New Member

wow amazing post