Reality Bug Art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by CloranTraveler, Apr 5, 2017.

1. CloranTraveler

CloranTraveler Active Member

I always wanted to try sketching out the different creature forms the Reality Bug took on. This one is based on the description of it having a bird's head, long sharp beak, a wide strong chest, birdlike legs and bat-like wings (I decided to throw in a tail too!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  2. CloranTraveler

Here's the Reality Bug in snake form with human arms.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    empire_c2 likes this.
  3. CloranTraveler

Reality Bug in bug-form with tarantula-style legs, a scaly body and pincers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  4. CloranTraveler

Reality Bug with a boar's head, ram horns, snake eyes, human chest and arms, goat legs and feet, and a rat's tail.

[​IMG]

5. Well, they are all certainly creepy, but I like the attention to detail that you put in every drawing. Those scales on the third drawing must have taken forever. The best one out of all of these has to be the snake with the human arms. It has a surrealist feel to it that is artistically eerie. The fingers of the snake are not distorted, only slender and curved. This adds to the feeling of artistry and not simple thumbnail sketching.

The bird head of the first drawing was also well done. To make the feet of the boar and the bird more realistic, create joints that bend in the way that those joints would bend in real life. The legs being straight on both animals makes them seem off balance.

Also, if you want to keep going on the snake, you can create the illusion of real scales by shading in between each scale. Like this:[​IMG]