Unofficial Guide - Warning Spoilers

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by empire_c2, May 8, 2015.

1. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

Well, I've started now. Still got to do a lot of reading and research (and drawing). My goal is to create an Unofficial Guide to the Territories. So like the official guide, but all of the territories will be included. It's a project I've been eager to start and can't wait to share pages from time to time. Here is a little glimpse at the cover and a piece of the opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My goal is to give it as much as a feel as the book series as possible. So I'm writing it from Bobby's perspective.

2. Veelox Incident

Veelox Incident Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is awesome! I can't wait to see more!

3. djmachale

djmachale Author Staff Member Administrator

Wow! That's quite the undertaking! Hope you're having fun!

CloranTraveler and Phi Chisym like this.
  4. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

It's a blast to work on. I get to reread awesome books and it gives me much needed practice in drawing and digital painting. The hard part is not getting too absorbed into the books while I take notes XD

5. Phi Chisym

Phi Chisym Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Looking good so far, Empire! Talk about the coolest pastime ever!

6. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

It's been fun. I have been trying to find time to work on it and finish reading the books between my projects. (Alder is being stubborn to draw lol)

I finished the denduron Quig though. I was testing it out on a texture I plan to use for the Denduron chapter

[​IMG]

CloranTraveler likes this.
  7. CloranTraveler

CloranTraveler Active Member

Awesome quig bear! :)

8. Great cover! I hope your project goes well. Do you enjoy calligraphy?

9. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

Thanks. I'm excited to keep working on it. It had to go on hiatus for school. I'm in my last year then it's off to the real world so I've been swamped with making my demo reel. A couple more months though then I can go full tilt ^_^

I actually have never tried calligraphy before.

10. Oh. Just thought you were because of the project theme. Are you making this tangible or will it stay digital? Just curious.

11. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

Fair enough lol. I just plan to use cool fonts and compile it all in photoshop lol

It will just be digital. Printing costs money and I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it because it is based off another's work. Plus then, it's easier for other fans to enjoy.

12. That's true--I forgot about copyright laws and stuff.

13. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

So I had a super late start. I ended up getting my computer at the start of September while moving into my new apartment. Then was in the crunch of finishing an episode I'm working on at work. Translation: September was nuts. The hardest though was getting back into the art mode I need for this and thanks to doing Inktober it's gotten me back to drawing lots. So I've started on this again. I drew Cloral's quig next

[​IMG]

CloranTraveler likes this.
  14. CloranTraveler

Ooh, I love the quig-shark Empire! Very menacing looking. I can't wait to see what you do next :)

empire_c2 likes this.
  15. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

Thanks :) I'm thinking of doing all the quigs first. Then move onto the characters and such

16. CloranTraveler

Can't wait to see the characters!

I always wished they had done another volume to the Guide to the Territories of Halla and more graphic novels, so it's awesome we get to see your creations.

17. empire_c2

empire_c2 Active Member

You and me both :) I actually only just read the Guide last summer. I ordered it to help me with mine and reading it I was bummed it cuts off. Hearing about it versus experiencing it are very different.

I'll try not to disappoint! Characters are far harder for me to do than creatures. I'm hoping after a few I'll do better at the others lol. Either way gonna get a ton of drawing practice in :)

18. Fish are friends, not food.

empire_c2 and CloranTraveler like this.
  19. CloranTraveler

Why trust a shark, right?

empire_c2 likes this.